General Purpose and Scope of Position
The Agriculture Field Scout will be responsible for pest trap placement and monitoring/recording pest activity of various crops and pests. The Field Scout works closely with the field sales and the operations support team.Search open positions
Key Skills and Abilities Include
- College student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science, or Horticulture
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Intermediate level proficiency with standard software including MS Office Suite
- Ability to safely operate a company vehicle within state laws and company policies and guidelines
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Ability to repetitively bend, kneel and walk long distances while working in a non-climate controlled environment and outside in inclement weather
- Excellent math skills and the ability to maintain accurate counts
- Dependability/reliability. Occasionally may need to work Saturdays.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness and desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
Key Personal Attributes Include
- Proven leadership ability including the ability to build relationships with cross-functional team members including Product Specialists
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities
- Skill in creative and critical thinking to achieve goals
- Ability to remain detail-oriented with a wide range of responsibilities
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include
- Prepare traps for placement in the field
- Install traps in fields. Inspect and monitor on a weekly basis.
- Maintain data counts of the number of pests trapped
- Use GPS technology to map fields
- Comply with company safety standards
- Take soil samples as needed or directed by sales
- Scout crops for economic pests and report to appropriate Sales Representative
AGRIBUSINESS OPERATIONS CAREER OPPORTUNITY MATRIX
Hover over an icon or connection to highlight the relationships. | Click on an icon to see more details.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, which includes supporting you beyond the workday. You can count on a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, a people-first culture, work life balance, investment in training and development and career growth opportunities.