General Purpose and Scope of Position
The independent, career-minded, experienced Commercial Driver will be part of a close, efficient team that delivers goods and services to a diverse customer base using a company delivery truck. This position is also responsible for Warehouse responsibilities and maintaining relationships with customers. We are looking for someone who can drive a forklift and assist as necessary. A positive attitude and willingness to grow and build relationships with team members and customers is expected.Search open positions
Key Skills and Abilities Include
- Ability to contribute to a team approach by being versatile, flexible, and having a positive outlook in your interactions with co-workers and customers – can effectively multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
- Day to day duties fluctuate constantly and this individual must be flexible and open to change.
Key Personal Attributes Include
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with Class-A CDL and Doubles/ Triples endorsement
- Forklift Driving Certification (offered on the job, if necessary)
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack and other equipment as required
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 pounds
- Willing to work extended hours during peak season
- Strong computer skills, mechanical skills, and general knowledge of the area are a plus!
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include
- Respond to inquiries in a timely, accurate, and appropriate manner
- Perform all warehouse inspections.
- Perform daily and monthly inventory counts
- Help maintain branch cleanliness
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs on all vehicles
- Perform vehicle safety inspections
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety requirements
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Notify Supervisor or Branch Manager immediately if product spills
- Some overnight travel
- Keep current on company training
- All other duties as assigned
AGRIBUSINESS OPERATIONS CAREER OPPORTUNITY MATRIX
Hover over an icon or connection to highlight the relationships. | Click on an icon to see more details.