Crop Applicator Supervisor
General Purpose and Scope of Position
The safety-conscience Crop Applicator Supervisor will lead our Applicator team to ensure that plant protection and fertilizer products are applied to a wide range of crops at various sites according to safety regulations and laws. This is a full-time position.Search open positions
Key Skills and Abilities Include
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- BS in Agriculture Business, Agronomy, or Crop Science preferred
- Three to five years of experience as an applicator in an Agricultural retail, manufacturing, or distribution environment
- Advanced skills with forklift and repair of tools and equipment
- One to two years Supervisory or Management experience preferred
- Must be familiar with all laws and regulations governing pesticide application
- Must possess or obtain a commercial driver’s license with endorsements for Haz-Mat and Tank vehicles
- Must comprehend basic measurements and calculations for calibration (gallons per acre, and acres per tank)
- Must have working knowledge of all application equipment with the ability to assemble and perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Accurately locate application site
- Must possess or obtain the Qualified Applicator’s Certification license and attend all required safety training meetings
- Must be able to work odd hours during peak season (6-7 days, 10-14 hours, depending upon crew assignment may be day or night)
Key Personal Attributes Include
- Personable mannerisms with growers and fellow employees
- Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities
- Maintain positive communication with supervisor and grower
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include
- Allocates all chemicals used in plant protection products, fertilizers, etc. through delegation and supervision of all Pilots. Take out, set-up and calibrate equipment to be used in the field.
- Coordinates work orders and delegates work assignments against scheduled dates and times
- Ensures that all applicators are properly trained in the function they are performing and ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations for applications at all times
- Ensure that staff are properly using and maintaining the equipment. Manages coordination of equipment use and ensures that equipment is returned in good working condition.
- Ensures completion of all necessary paperwork by applicators (application records, shipping papers, driver daily reports, and all information on work orders)
- Ensures that correct materials are being used at all times. Promotes proper handling and storage of all chemicals, chemical containers, and related equipment.
- Maintains positive and professional communication with supervisor, applicators, PCA’s and growers as necessary to ensure satisfactory customer service levels
- Follows and oversees that crew comply with all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook. Ensure that safety gear is properly used at all times by tractor drivers/applications crew.
AGRIBUSINESS OPERATIONS CAREER OPPORTUNITY MATRIX
Hover over an icon or connection to highlight the relationships. | Click on an icon to see more details.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, which includes supporting you beyond the workday. You can count on a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, a people-first culture, work life balance, investment in training and development and career growth opportunities.