Since 1895, Connell Brothers has consistently been a leading distributor in Asia-Pacific, evolving and adapting to serve customers and suppliers.
SAN FRANCISCO – Dec. 19, 2011 – Connell Brothers, a division of Wilbur-Ellis Company andthe largest marketer and distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients in Asia-Pacific, has expanded its services over the last year while continuing to deliver superior value to customers.
Focusing on customer support, quality ingredients and technical services, Connell Brothers provides customers with specialty chemicals and ingredients across a broad spectrum of industrial segments. Additionally, Connell Brothers offers complete supply chain management including transportation, documentation, warehousing, sales/marketing and other services from 17 countries across Asia-Pacific.
“We’re proud of the many accomplishments achieved in the last year,” said Ted Eliot, president of Connell Brothers. “Our employees have continuously sought out and capitalized on new ideas, applications and markets to provide exceptional products and services to our customers and suppliers. I look forward to the year ahead and to building upon our momentum.”
Connell Brothers has had several notable milestones over the last year including:
- Top ICIS 100: Connell Brothers was once again named by ICIS Chemical Business magazine as one of its Top 100 Chemical Distributors. Based on its 2010 sales, it was ranked third in Asia and tenth globally. Connell Brothers remains first in Asia for specialty chemical distribution.
- ‘Value Over Price’ Award: Connell Brothers Philippines was recognized by Ashland Aqualon Functional Ingredients in August 2011 for its valuable marketing of Strodex™ TH100 as a multi-functional surfactant that enhances the performance of paint and coatings.
- Fully licensed distributor in Vietnam: Connell Brothers became a fully licensed distributor of specialty industrial chemicals and ingredients in the Vietnam market in May 2011 further enhancing our position and services in this market.
- New VP of North Asia: Connell Brothers announced the hire of Azita Owlia, a former senior vice president at Bayer Material Science, to oversee and expand its business operations in North Asia, including mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
- Feed Asia expansion: Established in 2010, combining the expertise of Wilbur-Ellis’ Feed Division and footprint of Connell Brothers, the company has expanded the operations and reach of its Feed Asia venture through a series of strategic restructuring and operational changes.
- Asia-Pacific Expansion:
- Connell Brothers was appointed as the Singapore distributor for Silberline Asia Pacific Inc. in January 2011.
- Cognis Thai Ltd. named Connell Brothers Thailand as their new distribution agency in December 2010.
- Connell Brothers purchased a warehouse and land in Bangkok in December 2010 to aid in the growth of its regulated products business, including food, personal care and pharma products.
- Distribution agreement: Connell Brothers expanded its distribution agreement with Emerald Kalama Chemical to now distribute its K-FLEX® products in Asia to support increased demand in the region for non-phthalate products.
Connell Brothers, headquartered in San Francisco, has 36 offices in Asia-Pacific. Wilbur-Ellis, which acquired Connell Brothers in 1931, grosses close to $2.8 billion annually in sales and has over 3,500 employees in North America and across Asia-Pacific.
About Connell Brothers
Connell Brothers, based in San Francisco, is a division of Wilbur-Ellis Company and is the largest marketer and distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients in Asia-Pacific. With over 100 years in Asia and a keen focus on technical service, customer support and quality control, Connell Brothers provides complete supply chain management from transportation, documentation, warehousing, and sales and distribution in 17 countries and in 36 offices located throughout Asia-Pacific.
For more information, please visit www.wilburellis.com