Indu Yadav, India (Connell)
As the world of work changes, Lifestyle changes, education changes & world economy changes. Digital technology has become a core part of our everyday lives. As the world of work changes, we will need to change our skills & thought process to match with today’s fast and digital world. Important role STEM plays in 21st century and jobs for tomorrow.
SCIENCE is sharing findings, observing, asking questions, making predictions, experimenting wondering how things work. TECHNOLOGY is using a variety of tools, identifying issues, making things work, using computers. Inventive ENGINEERING is problem solving, designing, creating, testing materials, building. MATH is sequencing, patterning, exploring shapes, numbers, volume, and size. Science, technology, engineering and mathematics workers play a key role in the sustained growth and stability of the economy.
STEM education creates critical thinkers, increases science literacy, and enables the next generation of innovators. Innovation leads to new products and processes that sustain our economy. This innovation and science literacy depend on a solid knowledge base in the STEM areas. Most jobs of the future will require a basic understanding of math and science. STEM stands for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. STEM is important because it pervades every part of our lives. Science is everywhere in the world around us. Technology is continuously expanding into every aspect of our lives. Engineering is the basic designs of roads and bridges, but also tackles the challenges of changing global weather and environmentally friendly changes to our home. Mathematics is in every occupation, every activity we do in our lives.
Role of science and technology for future development. To prepare for a smooth transition to an information society. To improve the quality of life Technology in areas of public health such as disease control, medicine and medical electronics needs to be developed. To sustain the growth of the national economy and to improve its efficiency For a resource-poor country like the Republic of Korea, conserving energy and oil-substitutable energy is vital. Food technology is similarly important to maintain social stability. Science and technology are expected to play a vitally important role in ensuring national security and social stability.
Engineering plays an important role like: Engineers have the skills to turn products of the imagination into real-world innovation Aeronautical Engineering
• Faster planes that run on new types of fuel
• New propulsion systems that make flying cheaper and safer
• Technology that allows for streamlined vertical take-off and landing.
• Mechatronics Engineers will create autonomous machines to harvest crops with precision at ideal times.
• Horizontal storage facilities could be replaced with vertical 'smart structures' that process food.
• Energy use will be more efficient, and waste will be recycled in new ways.
• Improved imaging techniques for faster diagnosis of illnesses
• Refined bionic implants that are more accessible to all who need them
• An even better understanding of the human body.
• More efficient systems for fuel development
• Artificial blood
• Powerful medicine
• The next generation of plastics and biodegradable chemical-based materials.
• Make even larger skyscrapers possible, allowing many people to collaborate and work in a single place
• Allow for new modes of transportation to be implemented
• Make recycling waste and using resources such as water and electricity more efficient
• Cater to new technologies such as self-driving cars.
Electrical Engineering will provide
• Faster and more efficient wireless charging systems
• New types of electric cars
• The next generation of solar technology for a greener power system.
• Shrinking headsets and glasses for virtual reality and augmented reality
• Making the Internet even faster
• Creating super-fast quantum computers.
• Offsetting carbon emissions to counteract damage to the environment
• Creating new methods for mining and drilling of resources that have far less impact on the environment
• Ecosystem management for expanding cities and suburban zones
• Assisting other branches of engineering with the management of conditions brought about by climate change. Industrial Engineers
• Manage the transition from large fabrication machines to smaller 3D printing-oriented solutions
• Decide which tasks in a factory should be automated with robotics and mechatronics and which should remain human-powered
• Be at the forefront of entirely new industries as technology and capability advances. software includes:
• Programs that use historical data and real-time climatic analysis to more accurately predict weather patterns
• Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems that will help people find information, complete tasks and even solve complex problems that humans cannot
• The creation of intricate virtual environments where people won’t only play games but will also work, research and more.
Medical future like: Mixed reality opens new ways for medical education- it can project the human body in its full size in front of med students. Thus, the organs, veins or bones will be visible accurately in 3D, and future medical professionals will be able to analyse their shape, remember their characteristics more vividly than it is possible when studying from a book. - Virtual OPD & digitizer report access form anywhere in the world. - People can monitor everyday health rate by device. - Nanotechnology bring drugs to body directly.