WE INVITE CHILDREN RELATED TO WILBUR-ELLIS EMPLOYEES TO JOIN IN CELEBRATING THE WILBUR-ELLIS 100TH ANNIVERSARY WITH THE KIDS’ GIVING PROGRAM, WHICH WILL BENEFIT THE RED CROSS IN THE U.S., CANADA AND INTERNATIONAL LOCATIONS. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
The Kids’ Giving Program is produced by Wilbur-Ellis. The Contest begins on or about June 29, 2020. Outstanding entries will be featured each month through a variety of company communications vehicles, including a public website, throughout the Giving Program, which ends on Tuesday, June 29, 2021.
Outstanding submissions, which may be made by video OR in writing with a photo (of the person making the submission) will be evaluated by a panel from an outside communications firm, which will make the determination of the submissions that will be recognized.
The children providing outstanding submissions will receive a $200 USD recognition award. Up to a total of 5 submissions will receive recognition awards each month, based on those deemed outstanding.
For each submission received through the Kids’ Giving Program – as well as each submission received through a similar Giving Program for Adults (employees, customers, suppliers or retirees) – Wilbur-Ellis will donate $4 (up to a maximum total of $4,330 monthly) to the Red Cross.
The following Kids’ Giving Program rules are subject to modification by Wilbur-Ellis at the company’s discretion. This contest is void where prohibited. The contest is sponsored and coordinated by Wilbur-Ellis, located at 345 California St., 27th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104.
Eligibility & Entry Guidelines
- Entrants must be children related to a Wilbur-Ellis employee. Participants must fall into one of the following age categories: 3-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-17.
- The sponsor reserves the right to verify the qualifications of each entry and to disqualify ineligible entries.
- Wilbur-Ellis is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries, or for human error or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur.
- All entries become the property of Wilbur-Ellis and will not be returned.
- Any failure to adhere to these Contest Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest.
- Limit 1 entry per person per month during the dates of the contest.
- No purchase is necessary to participate.
Word Count Requirement for Written Submissions
- Written submissions must have a minimum of 30 words (with a maximum of 500 words).
- The word count includes ‘a,’ ‘an,’ and ‘the’.
- Text must be typed, in English (a link to a translation tool is provided here) and submitted in the website submission form. The URL for the Google Translate tool is: https://translate.google.com/
- Children who cannot write may dictate their story to be typed and submitted in the submission form.
- Invented spelling is accepted.
Photo & Video
- Submit one (1) video in MP4 file format. Recommended length: two (2) minutes.
- For written submissions with a photo of the child submitting, provide one (1) photo. JPEG format is preferred (high resolution if possible – recommended file size: 1 MB).
Official Entry Form
- Each entry must be submitted via the official Kids’ Giving Program Contest Submission Form, with the required consent of a parent/guardian, allowing their child to enter the contest, confirming that the entry and art are original, and granting certain rights to feature the materials in company communication vehicles, including a public website.
Judging, Awards & Notification
Submissions will be evaluated by a panel from an outside communications firm, which will make the determination of the submissions that will be recognized. Notification to those who provided submissions that will be recognized will be made by email. The children submitting outstanding submissions will receive a $200 USD recognition award. Up to a total of 5 submissions will receive recognition awards each month, based on the number deemed outstanding. Submissions will be judged on the basis of:
- 50%, creativity and originality
- 50%, relevance of submission to monthly question posed
A maximum of five winners each month for the duration of the contest will receive a $200 USD cash prize each.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this contest.
- This contest is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All federal and state taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- By entering, entrants release and hold harmless Wilbur-Ellis, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability or any claims, actions, injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this contest or any prize won, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.