This article was originally published on the News & Insights section of the Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition website on September 27, 2019.
At Wilbur-Ellis, safety has always been of the utmost importance. We owe it to ourselves, our partners and, of course, our customers to ensure the highest level of care is taken to ensure the quality we are known for remains a part of our DNA.
This is why—over the past year—the Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition team has made some big moves and investments to expand our commitment to meeting Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory standards and both identify and close any potential for actual or perceived process gaps along the way.
To begin this focused effort, the team brought in our new Senior FSQR Manager Jason Bondegard, who has more than 20 years of expertise bringing continuous improvements to both the Quality and Regulatory Management Systems for companies across the animal nutrition space.
When Jason joined Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition last November, it was clear he was going to bring the strategic strength and technical rigor that would set up our team for success today and tomorrow. We couldn’t be happier with how that aim has come to life. Under his leadership, Jason has continued to build our credibility in the area of safety among existing and new relationships across our industry.
“I have observed Jason plan and execute a strategy to cross-train his team in all areas of FSQR,” said Harvey Johnson, vice president of operations, Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition. “This will help develop our bench strength for future growth,” he continued.
But of course, this work cannot be done by one person alone. It is the team—with the right people in the right roles—that is what makes great things happen.
“By building the right team with the right experience, Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition has an edge over our competition. This investment in our employees helps strengthen our reputation as being an innovative leader to our customers and suppliers,” explains Michele O’Rourke, HR Director, Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition.
For Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition, the FSQR team consists of the best and brightest in the field, including:
- Senior FSQR Specialist Ahhria Fosdyck, who also recently joined our team. Ahhria focuses on the foreign supplier verification program, national training, and direct shipments.
- Senior FSQR Specialist Chris Quinones also joined us in the last year to collaborate with the commercial group and supports business expansion into foreign markets through compliance.
- Regulatory Compliance Specialist Dori Dumont, who began her career with Wilbur-Ellis in Agribusiness 20 years ago, relocated to Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition to pursue an interest in animal health after completing her degree in Veterinary Technology. She currently handles state and federal licenses, contracts and registrations for both Nutrition and our trusted brand Ameri-Pac, while managing Nutrition’s organic program as well.
- Quality Specialist Josh Henderson grew from his first role at the Clackamas, Oregon, medicated feed mill to a plant manager before joining the Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition quality department last March.
- Senior FSQR Specialist and Food Safety Team Leader Caitlyn Nigbor started in Wilbur-Ellis’s Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory department in 2017 and now focuses on facility audits, corrective actions and managing the 12-facility food safety plans.
“We’re fortunate to have a diverse team that brings a variety of skill sets to the group,” said Jason. “Our recent additions further strengthen our ability to provide effective and timely support both internally to our marketers as well as externally to our customers and suppliers.”
In the past year, the team has already made an impact by overhauling the vendor qualification and foreign supplier verification programs, improving the new product introduction program and product catalog and reviewing laboratory use and spending.
So, what’s next?
“Ultimately the Nutrition business will dictate where our efforts need to be placed. If future business needs require, it’s my expectation that the FSQR group will have our programs operating at a level where obtaining a Global Food Safety Initiative recognized certification is possible,” Jason predicted.
With our FSQR dream team in action, we are confident in our ability to deliver just that.
Learn more about our commitment to safety and FSQR standards at our website: www.WilburEllisNutrition.com.